Who is eligible?
- Producing theatres which employ stage managers, full-time or freelance.
- Drama schools, FE/HE colleges or universities which runs vocational technical or stage management courses approved by the SMA Board.
- Charities, Trade Associations, Unions and small companies.
- Voluntary groups or charities interested in stage management or related backstage work and any voluntary group or charity which would like to support the work of the SMA.
What does SMA membership offer?
- First view of the Freelist list each month. This is sent by email ahead of non-members. Also constant access to any updates to the Freelist during the month via the Members’ only area of the SMA website.
- Post your job opportunities on our Members-only website Job Board.
- Each quarterly edition of the SMA’s magazine, Cueline, straight to the nominated person. Every three months Cueline brings news and views about stage management and is packed with informative articles on theatres, productions, props, websites, and new legislation affecting how we put on shows. All editions are available online and additionally two copies of each each are printed and sent in the post.
- Weekly email bulletins on a Tuesday to keep you up to date with stage management news (the SMAgenda).
- Subsided training places –10% discount on all training courses the SMA offer.
- Access to meetings, talks, backstage tours and get-togethers, and any other networking events.
- Access to the members’ only area of the SMA website which has lots of free info sheets and resources (e.g. contracts, smoking or guns!).
What will it cost us
- Five minutes to complete the application form
- Rate depends on your organisation type:
- MRSL grade 1 & National Companies: £180 a year
- MRSL grade 2&3 theatres: £140 a year
- Drama Schools, FE/HE Colleges &Universities: £140 a year
- Friends (trade associations, small companies, voluntary organisations): £110 a year
Subscriptions are due from the date of acceptance and every twelve months thereafter.
Subscriptions should be paid at time of applying; or a purchase order number and/or details of the organisation to be invoiced should be included with the application.
How do we pay?
- Internet banking: Account number: 80312010, Sort code: 40-11-58.
Payment reference: use your theatre name.
- Post a cheque, payable to ‘Stage Management Association’
- We can send you an invoice, let us know your purchase order number
- Please note: The SMA is NOT registered for VAT
What do we need to do now?
Fill in the application form below. Welcome to the SMA!